Ravalli County Environmental Health
- Today's AirQuality monitored at the Hamilton Courthouse, is rated Good. This message will be updated upon any change in the air quality.
- GROUND WATER MONITORING will begin April 1, 2013. Applications are being accepted through March 29.
- OPEN BURNING is allowed March 1, 2013, through November 30. Please call 363-3033 to report plans of burning. No permit is needed. DO NOT burn paper, garbage, plastics, shingles or treated wood products.
Protecting public health and the environment through adequate protection of surface and ground waters, monitoring and protection of air quality, food and consumer safety and education. Services:
- Issuing well and wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal permits.
- Conducting site evaluations for onsite sewage disposal permits.
- Licensing and Inspecting food service establishments, campgrounds and trailer courts, motels, schools, pools, and other public accommodations.
- Administering the public drinking water program.
- Monitoring air quality and open burning information
- Administering the junk vehicle program.
- Disseminating radon information and sale of radon test kits.
- Reviewing sanitation in subdivisions under contract with the Montana Department of Environmental Quality.
- Investigating complaints under the food and consumer safety, air and water quality, wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal, solid and hazardous waste disposal, junk vehicle, and other environmental health regulations.
Building permit: You must obtain a septic permit BEFORE starting construction of a building. Failure to do so will result in a $1000 fine.
Last updated 3/22/2013 8:36:59 AM by Bates, Gerry