Ravalli County Environmental Health
Today's AirQuality monitored at the Hamilton Courthouse, is rated Good. This message will be updated upon any change in the air quality.
Open Burning Ventilation Period of Time Thru November 30- Burning is allowable on a day to day basis.
Please note: This is a “Ventilation Hotline” period. Permission is granted on a daily basis determined by the DEQ through the State. You must check each day by calling either 375-6565 or the State recorded message at 1-800-225-6779.
Well Permits are no longer required in Ravalli County. No regulatory setbacks have been changed.
Protecting public health and the environment through adequate protection of surface and ground waters, monitoring and protection of air quality, food and consumer safety and education. Services:
- Issuing wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal permit.
- Conducting site evaluations for onsite sewage disposal permits.
- Licensing and Inspecting food service establishments, campgrounds and trailer courts, motels, schools, pools, and other public accommodations.
- Administering the public drinking water program.
- Monitoring air quality and open burning information
- Administering the junk vehicle program.
- Disseminating radon information and sale of radon test kits.
- Reviewing sanitation in subdivisions under contract with the Montana Department of Environmental Quality.
- Investigating complaints under the food and consumer safety, air and water quality, wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal, solid and hazardous waste disposal, junk vehicle, and other environmental health regulations.
Building permit: You must obtain a septic permit BEFORE starting construction of a building. Failure to do so will result in a $1000 fine.
Last updated 10/25/2013 1:12:26 PM by Bates, Gerry